Iron Maven Shoulder Tubing Series



This little tubing series is part of the shoulder infrastructure work my athletes do. I'm not a big fan of the traditional "PT" shoulder band stuff, but Joe Pryztula and his practical seminars at Vern Gambetta's GAIN conferences, has helped me see that I can get creative and do some good things with tubing to connect the hip and the shoulder. Vern has a great Functional Shoulder Exercises DVD that goes into greater depth regarding the concept of "hip to shoulder" and what it means for a shoulder exercise to be "functional."

My high school senior guys really like this sequence, particularly after a hard practice or upper body work day. Some of them need it more for stability; others for more t-spine mobility. They now get what it means to take care of your shoulders on a daily and weekly basis.

More shoulder stuff soon.

Comments

Keith Sutorius said…
Thanks for posting this Tracy. I love using bands with my clients.

I am going to steal some of the overhead stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

What is High Performance? Ross Tucker's 12 minute master class

Form and Function

The 411 on Back Angles and Torque When Squatting