Just a Dame off to the Windy City

I will be in Chicago the next 6 days visiting some friends at the U of C and then working at the USA Weightlifting National Championships doing this. It could be a very interesting weekend for me. Hopefully I will post occasionally and have some highlights on one of my Dartfishnet site. In the meantime, I found this really cool quote:

She had been a dame, a founding member of that trim, yakkety-yak sisterhood which saw no reason that men should rule the roost and no contretemps so sticky that a woman could not oil her way out of it through dialogue alone.
From Anthony Lane's profile of Barbara Stanwyck in last week's New Yorker.
via Bitch Ph.D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Preparing People, not Preventing Injuries

A System of the Absurd

Form and Function