Get My Game Face On

Like everyone, sometimes I struggle to stay consistent with exercise. It has been especially hard lately to get myself on the bike, as it has been bitterly cold.

So this day, I had to steel myself and put my game face on, just like Old Millie here has. Millie is my 19 y.o. cat. She's a tough old cuss with a + 42 inch vertical leap and the sass to tell anyone what she really thinks. Here she's trying to pull the Jedi Mind Trick on me so I'll go upstairs and feed her. Again.

Got through a monster Vern squat series (5 sets) with JE, water polo man, along with some solid sets of push ups and incline pull ups. The the Veloforce women came over and I got in 75 minutes on the trainer with some decent efforts. They weren't long, but they had a bit of intensity. It helped to have moral support and occasionally bury my mind in the bass of the music.

Then afterward, there was a wonderful bonus. Friends Carla and Sandy, of the phyiscal therapy profession, determined my L knee ROM restriction wasn't just quad length; the accessory gliding and rolling of the tibia on the femur just wasn't happening. What magic a few sub-grade 1 mobilizations can do! Sometimes we are our own worst patient and need the widsom and healing hands of our colleagues. Thank you Carla and Sandy!

Game face on, knees working, ass in the saddle, sweating to the tunes. Made it through today and looking forward to tomorrow.

P.S. Dad is doing better and should be out soon!

Comments

Jerimiah said…
Glad to hear your dad is doing better. I too am going through the same thing with workout motivation, when I can work with others I can motivate myself to work, but if I am on my own I am sunk.
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear that your father is getting better, can relate to your comments about hospitals also!
Kevin A.

Popular posts from this blog

A System of the Absurd

Form and Function

It's About Preparing People, not Preventing Injuries