Mentoring

I relish the opportunity to mentor others, whether they are athletes or coaches. You cannot learn everything in school. And you certainly cannot learn it all in weekend seminars. It takes time.

It takes independent study, along with dialogue and guidance from someone who has experience and a coaching eye. It is not just about parroting verbal cues and putting up random sets and reps up on the board. It is about knowing what at you are doing and why.

Right now I am formally mentoring two individuals. I really enjoy this type of work and interaction. I have to reflect on my processes and methods and this ultimately makes me better at what I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A System of the Absurd

Form and Function

It's About Preparing People, not Preventing Injuries