The Sally O'Malley Ride

Because she's FIFTY! Yep, my friend (and Masters National Champion) PJ ever so gently demanded I meet her--and newbies Chris and Terry--at Creve Coeur Park for a nifty 2 hour ride this morning. At 9 am, the temperature was 32 degrees. But the sun was out and the wind was negligible. So, off we went for about 1:40. My legs moaned as the newbies pushed a steady pace. Yesterday was a big squat day and I could feel the effects. But it was all good to be out with three other women, all older than I am, braving the cold fall temps. By the end of the ride, it was a balmy 45 degrees.

I want to be able to kick, stretch, kick, squat, ride, pull up, sprint, push up, press and kick way past 50. And PJ is one of my heroes, for showing us all it can be done. I'm proud to say she's 50 and a complete studdette! She kicks my ass on the hills and the flats!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Form and Function

A System of the Absurd

It's About Preparing People, not Preventing Injuries