The Post-Dispatch Health & Fitness Section Strikes Again


Every Monday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch publishes their Health & Fitness Section. Sometimes it has some decent information. Other times it simply perpetuates the latest fitness gunk that you see in the Shapes, etc of the fitness industry. I'll let you be the judge of this effort.

Here's a link to the full article and even a video. At least the technology now allows us to see the full movements. Most of the time, stills--even sequence stills--have a hard time fully communicating the movements.

I always wonder where publications get their referrals for the fitness people they profile.

Any comments from the blogosphere on the article, stills or the video?

Comments

Joe Przytula said…
We Vern/I-M enthusiasts know forward head is a chain reaction from somewhere else in the body because the poor head has nowhere else to go. I didn't think P.T.'s were still teaching this.
Anonymous said…
Tracy, I get the same feeling every Monday when I read that section. At least it can be good for a few laughs.

Nice posture on the push ups.

On a side note:
Your blog and the link to Vern's blog motivated me to purchase a couple of his books last week. He has had the biggest influence on how I train my clients.

Tracy, do you remenber the comment I made about Louie Simmons during a seminar at your previous employer?

Keith Sutorius
Tracy Fober said…
Yeah, how about some saggy pushups?

Good to hear you've learned from Vern. Many of us have benefitted from his writing.

I don't remember the comment about Louie Simmons? What was it?

-Tracy
Anonymous said…
viThis section of the Post is great for using as a fire starter in your fireplace, as cover for bottom of a bird cage, or to stuff in your hiking boots or athletic shoes to remove mosture.

Kevin A.

Popular posts from this blog

It's About Preparing People, not Preventing Injuries

A System of the Absurd

Form and Function