Sharing The Dream: Natalie and Cheryl

Got a call the other night from Natalie Woolfolk, asking if I could put a few videos of her and Cheryl Haworth together. It would be for a really cool "tour" being put together by Shelia Taoramina, who is trying to make an Olympic team in her third sport (swimming, triathlon and now modern pentathlon)! I am always happy to help others promote women in sport, especially these amazing women. I asked Nat to describe the event a bit and whether or not I could mention the event on my blog. This is what she said:
The tour is called "Sharing the Dream" and we are going through Michigan to motivate kids and try to get them involved in sports. We are doing demonstrations and speaking to middle and high school students. The people involved are: Myself, Cheryl, Shannon Miller, Sheila Taoramina, and Angela Ruggerio. This really isn't for the money, it's more to promote our sport and show that you can be big or small and be a successful weightlifter. I think that it will be a lot of fun, and hopefully we get a lot of kids interested in the sport. Thanks for all of your help, and you are more than welcome to put this up on your blog. I appreciate all that you've done for our sport, and if there is ever anything I can do to help you just let me know.
Nat
And here is a low-resolution version of the some great clips of mighty Natalie Woolfolk and 2000 Olympic bronze medalist, Cheryl Haworth. Thank you ladies, for showing the world that it is cool to be a strong woman! And thank you, Nat, for your kind words.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A System of the Absurd

Form and Function

It's About Preparing People, not Preventing Injuries